Saturday 22 March 2014

Homework Excuses: Part One

Note to Reader:  These excuses may be used in school....for a small fee: no names, please!


HOMEWORK SOUP

I didn’t have anything to do this evening,
Besides my homework vile.
So I rounded up all my books and
Made them stand in single file.

I made them march past the pen stand blue
And dip themselves in ink.
Then I poured them into a cauldron
And stirred till their pages were pink.

I heated them up until they were burnt brown,
Then I dried them in the sun.
So the next time my teacher asks for them,
I’ll say, “Oh, my homework’s well done.”

- Vruta Gupte.


(No books were harmed during the production and imagination of this poem.  Thank you.)






P.S. I've added Disqus comments on here.  Please click on the time-stamp near the end of the post to comment.  (If you don't have a Disqus account, you can still comment as a guest with a custom name.) Thank you!







No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like it very much
If you left a comment
Making people write down stuff
Means a day well spent!

~The Comment Mafia

~ migration.

Dear Reader, (If anyone has happened to chance upon this rather not-so-very-secret diary of mine) it is my simultaneous pleasure and occa...