Friday 11 April 2014

What Happened At Midnight

This is a poem I wrote last December...at midnight.  (Yes, how surprising.)

WHAT HAPPENED AT MIDNIGHT?

It was midnight
And I could not sleep.
So I sat up in my bed
And rubbed my eyes.
I could see elves outside my window,
Flying on Santa’s reindeers,
With gifts wrapped in white-and-blue paper
And shimmering bows,
Houses of candies
And a palace of chocolate and bubblegum
That had no windows.
The air was filled with
The sugary smell of
Waffles in syrup
And caramel pieces
In whipped cream.
And then my sleeping mind
Woke up
And I realized
It had all been just a dream.
But who ever said
That dreams cannot be real?


 - Vruta Gupte

See y'all on the next post!





P.S. I've added Disqus comments on here.  Please click on the time-stamp near the end of the post to comment.  (If you don't have a Disqus account, you can still comment as a guest with a custom name.) Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like it very much
If you left a comment
Making people write down stuff
Means a day well spent!

~The Comment Mafia

~ migration.

Dear Reader, (If anyone has happened to chance upon this rather not-so-very-secret diary of mine) it is my simultaneous pleasure and occa...